This is a modern application of Daniel's Fast or Diet
- This Daniel Fast is not exactly the same as Daniel's original Fast or Diet.
- This Daniel Fast will lead to spiritual insight. As for these four boys, God gave them knowledge and skill. (Daniel 1:17)
- This application of a Daniel Fast is longer than one day. These young men fasted for at least ten days. (Daniel 1:12, 15)
- This Daniel Fast is a partial fast. Daniel and his friends ate only vegetables and drank only water. (Daniel 1:12) We will allow more to eat than they did for various reasons.
- This application of a Daniel Fast requires abstinence from party or junk foods.
- You have freedom in this Daniel Fast to modify it according to your personal physical and spiritual needs. You can modify these guidelines as you feel led by the Lord. If you feel that it would be more productive for you spiritually or physically to avoid certain foods or spices, that would be great. If you feel led by the Lord to eat only vegetables and drink only water, then do so!
- The main thing is to decide ahead of time how you are going to apply the Daniel Fast. Then stick to your commitment for the length of time you have decided to fast. Some people feel that it is good to make a permanent lifestyle change to the Daniel Fast. Daniel didn't do his "fast" for a limited amount of time. It was his lifestyle. Daniel asked for permission to avoid the kings delicacies over a ten day period. Then, if he was still healthy looking, he could continue his "diet."
- Daniel's reason for his "diet" are given in Daniel 1:8 The Message Bible
"But Daniel determined that he would not defile himself by eating the king's food or drinking his wine, so he asked the head of the palace staff to exempt him from the royal diet."
Please do not post this copyrighted information in any form at another website. You may print copies for free distribution, with credit to http://DanielDietFast.com.
Daniel Fast Recipes | Daniel Fast Food List to Avoid | Daniel Fast Food List to Enjoy | Answers to Daniel Fast Questions | Instructions: How to do a Daniel Fast | Daniel Fast Resources | Daniel Fast Blog | Daniel Fast Scriptures | Daniel Fast Tips | Daniel Fast Comments
- Fasting For Spiritual Breakthrough by Elmer L. Towns
- Books by Elmer Towns
- The Diet of Daniel: A 10 Day Diet to Blessed Health, Weight Loss, and Fitness (Paperback) by Ernest Edsel
- Books about fasting
Fasting For Spiritual Breakthrough by Elmer L. Towns, published in 1996 by Regal Books, Ventura, California.