Brenda's Basil Spiked Tomato Soup
Tomato image via Wikipedia
Basil Spiked Tomato Soup for your Daniel Fast
- Combine 1/2 of a large onion, diced and 4-6 cloves of garlic, minced; puree together in a food processor (amount of garlic depends on your personal preference).
- Saute in 2 Tblsp olive oil for approximately 4 minutes;
- add 3 Tblsp finely chopped fresh basil, or 2 Tblsp dried basil).
- Saute another minute or 2 (do not brown).
- Add 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste and cook another minute or so.
- Add 4 cups water, 2 (15 oz each) cans of tomato sauce, 1 (28 oz) can of crushed tomatoes (or you can puree 28 oz of diced tomatoes if you like or leave them diced depending on how chunky you like your tomato soup), 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook until soup simmers.
- Serve hot.
Thank you Brenda!
Daniel Fast Recipes | Daniel Fast Food List to Avoid | Daniel Fast Food List to Enjoy | Answers to Daniel Fast Questions | Instructions: How to do a Daniel Fast | Daniel Fast Resources | Daniel Fast Blog | Daniel Fast Scriptures | Daniel Fast Tips | Daniel Fast Comments