Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where is Cote d'Ivoire?
A. Cote d'Ivoire is located in West Africa, just north of the Equator.
Q. Why are you international workers?
A. We feel God has called us to be His representatives here. He has directed our lives in such a way that we know this is what He wants us to do during this time of our lives.
Q. Is your family with you?
A. John is in the Army. He is a medic with the Airborne Rangers in Iraq. The rest of us live here in Abidjan.
Q. Why does God need international workers?
A. International workers are needed to help fulfill the last command that Jesus gave the church. Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore into all the world and make disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even until the end of this age."
Q. What is your primary field of work?
A. We are mentoring faithful, available and teachable Lebanese leaders (2 Tim. 2:2) that live here in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire.
Q. How long have you been in mission work?
A. We began our full time ministry overseas in 1988. We also served overseas on short term trips before that in Mexico, Haiti, and Hong Kong. You can also see Mike's résumé.
Q. Where all have you lived?
A. That is a long list. See the list of everywhere we have lived.
Q. What is your favorite part of your job? What good things have
you seen happen in your mission field?
A. These are both the same. What we enjoy most is seeing people come to Christ. We are blessed to know many people who have put their faith in Jesus. Now we continue to teach them about Jesus.
Q. Do we have prayer cards?
A. Yes! If you want a color prayer card, print out our card at Our photo page.
Q. Is e-mail expensive?
A. We pay about $70 per month for our Internet connection in Abidjan.
Q. Since e-mail is expensive, do you want us to write you?
A. Yes. We want to pray for your needs also. We also want to know you are praying for us. Your messages will not increase the cost of our monthly bill.
Q. Did Sue finish her graduate degree?
A. No, she gladly put her studies on hold after Joshua was born.
Q. Besides English, you must know French, and now another language. How
many does this make?
A. I have studied too many languages. My brain cells are overloaded!! I have studied:
1. English - all my life and still learning!
2. German - two years at Creighton Prep, one year at University of Nebraska in Omaha
3. Greek - at Grace University in Omaha and Alliance Theological Seminary in New York
4. Hebrew - a little at Grace University and Alliance Theological Seminary
5. Portuguese - one month in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
6. French - one year in Albertville, France, two months at the Sorbonne in Paris, France and everyday ever since
7. Bambara - two years in Mali and Côte d'Ivoire
8. Baoulé - a little in Daloa, Côte d'Ivoire
9. Arabic - off and on since a child (mostly food items), now daily with Fauzi and others.
All by the grace of God!! Now you know why we need your prayers!