This list of 44 "homes" only includes places where we lived for at least four weeks. We've listed some of those short stays that extended for more than a week as »sub-categories, for example #11. We've been able to return to some homes, like #s 26, 29, 34, 36 are all the same apartment.
- Jan. to June 1984 Grace University, Old Main Building, Omaha, NE, was the dean of women's apt. before we moved there.
- July to Aug. 1984 Hong Kong 19th floor of the Mei Foo (Mobil) building
- Aug. to Sept. 1984 Mobile Traveler Recreation Vehicle in the Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) parking lot, Nyack, NY. Water from hose to Mr. King's house.
- Sept. 1984 to May 1985 "play house" servant's quarters at 5 New Hempstead Rd., Spring Valley, NY with Steve & Debra Preston. Sue took care of Amanda born 1982 and Morgan born 1980. John conceived there in 1985.
- May 1985 to May 1986 Falls Park Apt. #10 Toccoa, GA.
- May 1986 to May 1988 Ed & Tom Brock trailer park in Pendleton, SC. Sons of Edna.
- June 1988 Toronto Institute of Linguistics at Victoria University in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Visited Niagara Falls. John stayed with Porter grandparents in Clive, IA.
- July to Aug. 1988 Clive, IA, with Porters. John potty trained.
Started our first four year term as international workers.
- Sept 1988 June 1989 Albertville, France, 5 place Borrel. Ate pizza in Sosa, Italy. Visited Lyon, Geneva, Turin, Monaco, and Marseilles. The wall fell in Berlin while there.
- July to Aug. 1989 St. Germain en Laye Paris, France in an apartment.
- Sept. to Nov. 1989 Mazamet, France, North East of Toulouse. We had an apartment above a French couple's house. I was youth pastor in a small church.
»Dec. 1989 Omaha, Nebraska with grandpa Farho dying of esophageal cancer.
- Jan. to July 1990 Bouaké, Côte d'Ivoire. My Dad, Lou Farho, died in March.
- July 1990 to Oct. 1991 Koutiala, Mali at the Wright's house at the Bethel Bible Institute.
» August 1990 Ferkessedougou, Côte d'Ivoire at Conservative Baptist hospital. Sue had 18 days of menstrual bleeding & severe pain. Mike got double pneumonia there. John prayed to receive Christ with yard man.
» Jan. 1991 Clive, IA for Sue's laparoscopy and She started Danocrine.
- Oct. 1991 to July 1992 Yamoussoukro, Côte d'Ivoire in Villa Bomba on outskirts of town.
- July 1992 to July 1993 Omaha, NE, in Henry's house at 3432 N 72nd Street, just off Pratt Street. Spent a few days at Okoboji, where John prayed again to commit his life to Christ.
Started our second four year term as international workers.
- July 1993 to July 1996 Daloa, Côte d'Ivoire in mission house, across from main water tower.
- July 1996 to May 1997 Daloa, Côte d'Ivoire in Mr. Becky's house at 40 logements quartier, behind College Jean-Calvin.
- May to July 1997 Bouake, Côte d'Ivoire, Bethany Dormitory at International Christian Academy (ICA), as elementary dorm parents. We had 23 boys and girls including John.
- July 1997 to June 1998 Omaha, NE at Harvey Springer's house 8111 Camden Ave. Joshua was born while we lived there.
- July to Aug. 1998 Clive, IA with Porters, went to meetings in Milwaukee, visited Shappards in Lombard, IL, Bostdorffs in Ohio, Martins in Clemson, SC, Phipps in Peoria, IL, Bill Boehle in MO, & vacationed in Branson, MO.
Started our third four year term as international workers.
- Aug. 1998 to Jan. 2001 Bouaké, Côte d'Ivoire in first house on left.
»July 1999 Clive, IA for Sue's mom Dorothy's funeral.
»July to Aug. 2000 for two month home assignment. Did not stay anywhere for more than a week at a time! Okoboji Conference, Clive, IA & Omaha, NE
- Jan. to July 2001 Bouaké, Côte d'Ivoire, ICA, Bethel dorm as middle school dorm parents. We had 18 boys and girls including Joshua.
- July to Oct. 2001 Bouaké, Côte d'Ivoire same house at the mission station.
- Oct. 2001 to May 2002 Bouaké, Côte d'Ivoire ICA residence 7, because of a kidnapping of friends and violent armed robbery at our mission station followed by the evacuation of the Thomas family to USA.
»Dec. 2001 Clive, IA for Christmas.
- June to July 2002 Bouaké, Côte d'Ivoire at previous housing at the mission station, because residence 7 at ICA was needed for the new school director. Mike also visited Lebanon for one month.
- Aug. to Sept. 2002 Marcory, Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire.
- Oct. to Nov. 2002 Bamako, Mali, as refugees for the first time! We were not allowed to return to Abidjan from Dakar. We took John there to attend the Dakar Academy.
- Dec. to Jan. 10, 2002 SIL center on Rue Rufisque 3.5 ks room #2, Dakar, Senegal.
- Jan. 2003 Marcory, Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire.
- Feb. 2003 to March 2003 Evangelical Baptist Mission Guest house, Niamakoro quarter, Bamako, Mali.
- April 2003 to May 2004, Marcory, Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire.
- May 2004 to June 2005, Steve and Angie Bellus' house, 5628 S 111 th Street, Roxbury, Omaha, Nebraska, USA.
- June 2005 to Dec. 2005, R179 Hann Mariste 2, Dakar, Senegal.
- Dec. 2005 to March 2007, We pray to stay in Marcory, Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire.
- Apil 2007 to Aug. 2007, Park Place Apts, 120 and Pacific Omaha, Nebraska, USA.
- Aug. 2007 to Oct. 2008, in Marcory, Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire.
- Nov. 2008 in Kairouan, Tunisia.
- Dec. 2008 to Jan. 2009, in Marcory, Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire.
- Feb. 2009 to May 2009, Park Place Apts, 120 and Pacific Omaha, Nebraska, USA.
- June 2009 to July 2011 in Sousse, Tunisia.
- July 2011 to June 2012 Lions Head Apartments, Omaha, Nebraska, USA.
- June - July 2012 Louisville, Kentucky.
- July 2012 to November 2012 Park Place Apartments, Omaha, Nebraska, USA.
- November 2012 to present in Sousse, Tunisia.
Started our fourth four year term as international workers.