There and Here
Africa and Omaha
- Our friends who need Jesus are there.
- The palm trees are there.
- The war goes on there.
- The black snow is there.
- The police stops are there.
- The sun is so intense there.
- The heat is overwhelming there.
- The orange taxis are there.
- The homeless sleep on the corners there.
- The people asking for money are there.
- Malaria is there.
- French, Arabic, Jula are spoken there.
- Cold showers feel great there.
- Bad water is there.
- Different food is there.
- Dirty streets are there.
- Small stores are there.
- Hamburger House is there.
- Sweating is there.
- Quiet nights at home with our family there.
- Long weekends with unbelievers there.
- Times with fellow international workers there.
- The Lord is there.
- The Lord’s ways are best there.
- Our hearts cry out for them here.
- The evergreens are here.
- The peace stays here.
- The white snow is here.
- The kind police are here.
- The sun hides here.
- The cold is overwhelming here.
- The SUV’s are here.
- The homeless are much fewer here.
- Those in need go to shelters here.
- The Flu is here.
- English and Spanish are spoken here.
- Cold showers are totally uncomfortable here.
- Great water is here.
- Great food is here.
- Clean streets are here.
- Large stores are here.
- McDonald’s is here.
- Dryness is here.
- Busy nights telling people about Africa here.
- Long weekends with believers here.
- Times with our own families here.
- The Lord is here.
- The Lord’s ways are best here.
Our desire is to be like Mary who said in Luke 1:38, “I am the Lord’s Servant and I am willing to do whatever He wants.”