Symptoms of Grief include Shock, Denial, Guilt, Loneliness and Depression.
Pray for us as we are grieving our loss of ministry in Cote d'Ivoire. The symptom of grief that I, Mike, am most feeling is denial. Pray that we would be realistic in our perception of our situation. Josh asked us tonight how many days we will be living in our room at a Baptist guest house. I still believe that we could soon return to Abidjan. Pray for all the details that need to come together to allow that to happen.
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Paul in Romans 12:12
We really hope to return to Abidjan some day soon, but current events in Cote d'Ivoire continue to be unpredictable. We are patiently waiting for peace to return. At this point, all we can do is pray. The rebels threatened to attack Abidjan after midnight Sunday. We are grateful that they decided to work for a peaceful solution instead. Pray for us that we would be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer.
"Daddy, could you put an air-conditioner on me please?" Joshua
It is warm and dry here in Bamako, Mali. We have found that the only way to sleep in this heat is to get a towel wet and lay it on us. The evaporating of the water in the towel cools us off. So I told Joshua I would get an "air-conditioner" to put on him. We continue to hope to return to Abidjan in the next week or so. It will take lots of prayer! Pray for the recent peace accord to cool things off in Cote d'Ivoire. Pray for a lasting peace to be established.
It was a SMOOTH flight to Bamako, no turbulence.
Now we are checking out the flights to Ouagadougou. Pray that the details would work out to go there. It looks like we will have to wait until Feb. 9th or 11th to go there.
We really didn't feel in any danger at our home in Abidjan, but it was a general evacuation of all international workers. We will see what kind of ministry we can do in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. We are focusing 100% on ministering to Lebanese. Arabic language study has gone to the wayside. Pray I can get it going again.
Here we go again !:-)
Because of renewed deterioration of the situation in Abidjan, we will be leaving today for two weeks. Our initial destination will be Bamako, Mali. We hope to continue on to Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso to study the potential for Lebanese ministry there. Pray for our MAF flight today to go smoothly. It will be a ten passenger plane. Our departure is planned for 5 PM GMT.